Congratulations! You have recently got engaged and have started planning your wedding day.
First step venue - beautiful location, stunning venue for photos, oh - and the photographer that's an important one; they are capturing your day and all those memories that you will treasure for the rest of your life.
Caterers or three course meal, wedding cars, wedding dress, how many guests, well the list goes on...
BUT when it comes to your wedding cake, are you happy to spend the bucks to get a stunning show stopper of a cake?! As they say in the world of cake "cheap cake isn't always good cake", so spending those extra pennies on your wedding cake is so worth it.
So when choosing your wedding cake, these are the key things to think about:
- How much do you want to spend? Remember the average cake costs at £350 plus, so if your looking for a 5 tier cake for £100 then you might need to rethink your budget.
- To save money, you can get your mother in law, grandma or friend to make the cake but is that the look you want to achieve or would you rather get an AMAZING cake designer to make a stunning cake that all your guests will be talking about (and no stress for Mother in Law, Grandma or friend on the day!)
- Also, consider when looking for a wedding cake maker, what's their experience? what do their cakes look like and taste like!
Do your homework, checkout websites and social media...
- When doing your homework, look to see what style the designer uses, as every cake designer works differently, you might want a very different cake to traditional which they can't create.
- Every cake designer will provide a consultation where you have the opportunity to meet them, build a repport, discuss your cake and requirements in more detail and best of all taste cake!
I hope this brings you some insight into what you should expect when looking for that perfect wedding cake! Good luck and happy cake testing!